At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Job Positions: Terminal Transformation Leader
- This position at the terminal works with the Operational Excellence programme, being the terminal change agent (“change anchor”), key for the success of the transformation programme.
- The main responsibility of this role is to implement in the terminal the Programme’s workstream elements, as well as to lead and support continuous improvement & lean initiates, whilst coaching the organization on the new Operating System.
- The Operational Excellence Programme is a strategic transformation initiative to drive standardization, collaboration and improvement across APMT.
- The activities are related to the successful implementation of process standardization, improvement initiatives, performance- and operational management systems, including the development of new ways to operate more effectively and efficiently to realize synergies.
- This role is highly visible and considered a talent growth position for senior management position at the terminal or within the portfolio.
- Safety is a reflection of APM Terminals core values, we promote constant care throughout all our operational activities, always strive for higher standards in safety through innovation, and we coach our teams to support safe environment across all pillars of our organizaton.
Our Commitment to Safety:
- Is our license to operate
- Has no hierarchy
- Means no compromise
- Is not optional
- Ensure to support and facilitate the anchoring of change and capability building within the terminal
- Oversee the local deployment of continuous improvement initiatives
- Implement the designed continuous improvement execution plan together with local management in order to reach the desired ‘to be’ state
- Quantify and drive a sustainable terminal improvement roadmap and capture initiatives in a project pipeline that is aligned with senior management as part of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Ensure the delivery and reporting of CI-led and -coached AOP initiatives through training, coaching and facilitation sessions
- Support the adoption and exchange of best (operating) practices
- Be the local change agent for the Operational Excellence Programme elements
- Positively influence and actively manage behavioural change according the principles developed in the Operational Excellence programme
- Drive and coordinate the local implementation of the Programme’s elements delivered by the workstreams leaders, including Process Standardization, Operating System, One Set of Numbers and Improvement Cycles (I-cycles)
- Take ownership of local implementation activities using defined tools and methodologies where applicable and ensure ongoing coordination of local resources involved in corporation with the terminal management
- Support mapping of and drives implementation of standardized processes
- Implement the Operating System elements
- Coordinate the data gathering and validation for the program KPI’s
- Ensure the local implementation of improvements from I-cycles
- Provide timely reporting on progress, issues and risks
- Continuously review progress and risks according to plans and make necessary changes to action plans to ensure objectives are met
Qualifications and Skills Needed
- Bachelor or higher degree preferable
- Fluency in local language and English, both written and spoken
- Preferably Lean Six Sigma and/or Project Management certification
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- At least 3-5 years of experience in program management/continuous improvement deployment role and/or significant experience with terminal operations
- Ability to track & trace and drive a project to completion
- Ability to juggle multiple timelines and overcome barriers to achieve what is needed
- Ability to work and influence at most levels of the organization
- Strong change management and interpersonal skills, able to focus on business impact and change in behaviour for the new ways of working and thinking
- Ability to drive implementation of new processes and support the organisational changes
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Good workshop facilitation skills, with the ability to adapt to local cultural differences
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online