Applicants must have a higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Applications must be submitted in German; the candidates have good knowledge of German.
- Incomplete applications received after the relevant application deadline can not be considered.
- No more than one application per application group may be submitted per working group / scientific supervisor or academic supervisor.
- However, with the help of scholarship grants, no institutions are promoted to individuals.
- An emphasis which is not coordinated with the DBU on a larger topic complex (bundling of individual applications) is not permissible.
- The rejection of a scholarship application excludes a new application.
- Applications are welcome from all disciplines, not only from the natural and engineering sciences, but also from the social, human, economic and legal sciences. Interdisciplinary environmental research is particularly welcome.
- The above-average applicants are highly motivated to contribute to the solution of current environmental problems and to promote sustainable development.
- Foreign stays are possible, as long as the doctorate takes place predominantly at the supervising institution in Germany.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to doctoral students for the research programme at German universities.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of environmental protection.
Number of Scholarships: DBU awards up to 60 scholarship grants per year in a multi-stage selection process .
- Delivery duration: max. 36 months
- Monthly basic support: 1,500 €
- Monthly material: 210 €
- Further funding of material costs
- Monthly child allowance and further support
Study Country: Germany
Eligibility Nationality: International and German researchers are eligible to apply for these doctoral scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: A higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online. The following documents must be sent by mail, indicating your file number until 15 January or 15 June (postmark date):
- complete tabular CV
- certified copies of all test certificates
- Certificate for the classification of the university degree
- tabular time and work plan
- Statement on your scientific qualification by the first expert in the university
- Statement on your doctoral thesis by the first reviewer of the university
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 15, 2018.